Here is a documents list if you got British Citizenship after 1st June 2010:

  1. Two recent photos measuring 51 mm x 51 mm.

This list has changed on 11/12/2019 please contact us for the list and we can send you an update on the exact requirements

 A quick note on British Passport proof:

Can you reserve the original British Passport and Evidence of State appointment once more?

If you have submitted applications for the British Passport, but have not yet received them, you will need to include a declaration stating “My UK Passport is in progress.” The VFS directive does propose that an automatic copy is supported, but the original British Passport should be requested for verification.

Additional documents are required for your OCI application

In the event that you apply for the declaration of resignation or the certificate of deemed resignation, the following documents are required. recommends Reload OCI for full OCI application support, resizing photo and signature and pan card service

Renunciation Declaration

If you have lost or misplaced an Indian passport and you do not produce a valid Indian passport, you can not be issued a Renunciation Certificate, as an indigenous passport is required to be physically provided with a surrender certificate.

In such cases, you can request a copy of the Indian Passport for the “Renunciation Declaration.” The declaration of renovation contains a statement not surrendering the original Indian passport.

A notary affidavit and a police report must also be issued to ensure that you prevent abuse of the passport.

Deemed Surrender Certificate: 

You will also have a photocopy of the last Indian passport and the first British passport if you apply for a Deemed Surrender Certificate.

Note: the general information needed for obtaining a certificate of surrender is the list. We are unable to ensure that this list applies to you– if necessary, the India High Commission may request additional documentation.

How do I collect my Surrender Certificate?

When your application is completed, a post/courier will be sent to you with the surrender/resignation certificate. You have to submit yourself an automatic envelope (Special Delivery) in the size A4 by request for return delivery if you apply for a passport surrender certificate.

You can also speak to the adviser at the secure delivery service application centre, but I suggest you have a special delivery envelope. You can monitor the shipment on the Royal Mail’s website at a lower cost.

You can get a post office special delivery package for £7.30 per post, and the VFS courier option is £15 per application!