You must follow these instructions carefully to avoid rejection
Signature criteria for OCI online application Part A:
- If applying as a family, there should be a separate Form A for each applicant.
- Make sure the sign in space given below only
- Minor Children:
- Children greater than 5 years old should sign in the box provided.
- Children less than 5 years old should provide a thumb impression in the box. For girls use the right thumb and for boys use left thumb. Both signature and thumb impression should not be provided in the same box.
- Parents cannot sign on behalf of their child under any circumstances.
Signature criteria for OCI online application Part B:
- If applying in a group, all adult applicants must sign a common form Part B.
- Minors do not sign Form B.
- Parent’s signature, where requested, must match with the signature in their passport.
- Both parents should sign at the bottom of a minor’s application, even if both parents are not applying for OCI. If only one parent is available to sign for the child, a certificate explaining the circumstances must be provided.
Strictly Note Photograph Instructions for OCI Online Application
When submitting a photograph for OCI/PIO, the following should be kept in mind:
- The photograph should be in colour and its size should be 2 inch x 2 inch (51 mm x 51 mm).
- The photograph should be clear with continuous-tone quality.
- The photo should present the full head centred in the frame, from the crown to the chin with both eyes open.
- The background should be plain white.
- There should not be any distracting shadows on the face or the background.
- Apart from religious head covering is not allowed. Incase worm ensure all features are clearly visible.
- There should be a neutral expression.
- Photographs should not have a border.
- Photograph should neither be stapled nor have any signatures.
- You must wear coloured attire. It must not be patterned, textured or pure white.
- Hair must not obscure the face, or reflect light.
- All photographs should be identical. Do not send assorted photographs.
- If face is tinted yellow or red, the photo will be rejected.
- There must not be any scratches or lines on the photograph.
- The subject must not have red eyes.
- There must be no other people or objects in the photo.
- Glasses if worn must be clear and thin framed and should not obscure the eyes or have any reflections.
- The photograph must be professional grade. Home printed photos will not be accepted.
- Make sure that photo presents the full head from top of hair to bottom of chin; height of head should measure 1 inch to 1-3/8 inches (25 mm to 35 mm). Please ensure eye is in the range of 1-1/8 inches to 1-3.
Whats happens if these criterias for signature and photographs are not meet ?
Applicants need to provide photographs as per the mentioned criteria only. Failing to do so the application will be either rejected or pending.This is mandatory as it has to match to the International Civil Aviation Organization specification. In a given situation the photo criterias are not met, applicants will get 21 days to send a new acceptable photo.